Types of Driver Records
Any time you are involved in an accident or traffic violation it is recorded on your driving record. Driving records include all non serious violations for a 15 year period. After 15 years the violations are removed. More serious driving violations such as DWI are never removed from your driving record. Out of state violations will also appear on your Texas driving record.
Unlike most states, Texas has 6 different types of driving records. It is important to know which one to request in order to ensure you are maintaining the correct information.
Although there are six different types of driving records available, you can order your Official Certified 3A DPS Driver Record and receive it within 12 hours or less.
Avoid the long wait and hassle by ordering yours online today!
- Status Record (Type 1): name, date of birth, status of license, and current address on file.
- 3-year History Record (Type 2): name, date of birth, license status, list of accidents and violations in record within past 3-year period.
- List of All Accidents and Violations in Record (Type 3): name, date of birth, status of license, list of all accidents and violations in record.
- Certified 3-year History record (Type 2A): certified version of Type 2. This record is not acceptable to enroll in a Defensive Driving Course.
- Certified List of All Accidents and Violations in Record (Type 3A): certified version of Type 3. This record is acceptable to enroll in a Defensive Driving Course.
- Certified Abstracts of Driving Record (Type AR): Certified abstract of complete driving record of a license holder.