Information Required to Order Birth Certificate
While preparing to order a Texas birth certificate, there are several pieces of information that you’ll need to process your order.
If you are a Texas resident, you can order your own record or the birth certificate of your immediate family members.
In order to request the record, you must provide the following information:
- The full name of the on the birth certificate (middle names are not required, but are requested)
- The individual’s date of birth
- The name of the city or county in which the individual was born
- The full name of the father, if listed on the birth certificate
- The full maiden name of the mother, if listed on the birth certificate
An authorization form must be completed prior to processing birth certificate orders. This will be emailed upon placing your online order.
Birth certificates with a date of birth within the past 75 years are protected records that require the following additional information to process a request:
- Your current driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- Your address