Information Required to Order Birth Certificate
While preparing to order a Texas birth certificate, there are several pieces of information that you’ll need to process your order.
If you are a Texas resident, you can order your own record or the birth certificate of your immediate family members.
In order to request the record, you must provide the following information:
- The full name of the on the birth certificate (middle names are not required, but are requested)
- The individual’s date of birth
- The name of the city or county in which the individual was born
- The full name of the father, if listed on the birth certificate
- The full maiden name of the mother, if listed on the birth certificate
Birth certificates with a date of birth within the past 75 years are protected records that require the following additional information to process a request:
- Your current driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- Your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- Your address